Thursday, January 15, 2009

If YOU WANT IT YOU CAN GET IT

This past Saturday I went out with a friend of mine to a lounge to support his efforts on finding a white girl. Now when I go out in Dallas I usually put very little effort into my appearance because one I am in Dallas and two I really don't want to hurt anyone with my flyness. But this particular Saturday I was in a black dress 4" stilettos and juicy reddish pink lips sort of mood. And since it was a little chilly out, I went ahead and threw on a fur to keep from catching cold, and to lok fly.

Throughout the evening I chopped it up with a few men, but one held my attention most of the time I was at the lounge. Very nice looking, smooth skin beautiful complexion and perfect teeth. And surprisingly enough he was black. I felt like I knew him from way back. He got my weird sense of humor and understood my slang. Well come to find out he was from Nevada and had spent a lot of time in Los Angele so I guess we had some sort of west coast connection. We laughed at various club-goers and shared our experiences living in Dallas.

Well towards the end of the night he offered his number and I gave him mine thinking finally I am starting to meet some cool people in Dallas. People that I can vibe with and understand. We talked well after the lights came on and as we were walking out of the club he came up behind me and whispered in my ear, "You can get it if you want it."

WTH is that. I can get it if I want. Well now I don't want it because you just let me know it was on the clearance rack. I wish I could find some sort of happy medium when it comes to men in this part of the country because I can not figure them out. Even the transplants.

He then called me later on that evening to see if I made it home safely and to reiterate his closing statement. I felt more than obliged to let him know that I thought he would make a really good friend as we seem to have quite a few things in common, but as far as anything else I really wasn't interested in a relationship whether serious or just a friend with benefits. Which was hard to say especially since, I was trying to stop my mind from wondering places it shouldn't the whole time we were talking.

These weirdos in Dallas make my celibate life more than easy when it comes to the stock of men I have to choose from. WOW, nine months, eleven days and almost two hours.

What is a girl to do?

j

2 comments:

  1. First of all if you have been celibate that long let me be the 1st to congratulate you. Not only does that take committment and sound mind it makes a hell of an audacious statememt. Second!!! (CLEARANCE RACK) HAHAHAAHAAA!!! U a mess! Him telling you that sounds more than weird but its kind of feminine in my opinion. Anyway when you get time we have a fellow Pisces blogger by the name of Tony Grands. I follow his blog called "Reading & Writing is for Dummies". When you get time take a look at it. I think you'll like it.


    HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!! u could call a n122a sometimes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh the nine months sixteen days and two hours and fifty minutes hurts. It hurts like hell, but I think I am gonna make it. ONe word, Xanax, xanax, xanax. Just kidding.

    The whole experience just disappointed me.

    I will catch your boys blog and I promise to call. That is something I am bad at, but will get better.

    j

    ReplyDelete