Thursday, January 15, 2009

Laughing @ U Not w/ U

Every year around this time I find myself in front of the television waiting for the new season of American Idol to start. I am not a fan of the show at all but I love to watch them rake through the tens of thousands of Americans that truly believe that have that spark and don't.

I don't care to see the Carrie Underwood and Kelly Clarkson's-to-be. My main goal is to laugh uncontrollably at the William Hon's and Big Bird Girl's. I don't want to see if I can determine who will be the next American Idol by their auditions. I want to see the social rejects, the IT nerds with the harmonica's and the Goth's and with their tone death harmony and multi-colored hair.

I watch for the looks of shock and disappointment on their faces when Simon says thins like, That sounded like the noise a cat makes when it falls from the roof of the Empire State Bldg while a siren is going off.

And I am laughing at these poor people in all of their ignorance. Can they not hear themselves? Do they really not know how horrible they sound? We can hear them, but they can not hear themselves?

And I do not feel bad about it, because I feel that any that puts themselves out there is open to the response of the public.


j

No comments:

Post a Comment