Friday, December 5, 2008

Luby's

So today, thanks to Tricia I experienced what my life will be like here in Texas at the ripe old age of 65 if I don't put enough money into my 401K and Roth IRA accounts.

A group of coworkers and I decided to head to Luby's, a place I thought was for feeding cars and not humans for lunch this afternoon. Considering the fact that the last place we ate at was a taco stand in the back of a mini mart adjacent to a gas station Luby's is surely a step up for Team 1.

As usual I talked major trash prior to arriving to our lofty little lunch venue. And once we entered the cafeteria style (which is something I have never had to describe but for my Cali friends is like Souplantation) eatery I noticed we had just barely missed the Golden Girls rush. So I scampered to the line and pick the safest things I could find, like steak, potatoes and cabbage as I was hurled through the line by a Southern Baptist named Miss Shirley and her helpers, whom none of which could say anything in English other than what was one the menu I was shocked by how decent the food option were.

I pick my dessert and beverage and stop at a register where I assum I am supposed to pay only to be greeting by Esperanza who could only say, "Pay when you leave."

As I stepped into the dining area of what looked like the Sally Struthers Senior Citizens Revival Life Care Center I totally wished Bitten was with me to share in this marvelous experience.

I sat down with the rest of my team mates and enjoyed, yes I said enjoyed what I would consider to be the best lunch line food I have ever had.

The next time I go (which will solely be so Joe can experience this with me) I will more than likely have the chicken fried chicken which is evidently chicken that is friend like steak that is fried like chicken. hahahahaha, who knew.

I love the southern region of the US.


Holla,

j

2 comments:

  1. You brave soul!
    As the aforementioned "Tricia" I can testify to the necessity of exposing princess J to a wider world...southern style.
    As it's often said "a meal shared with love and laughter tastes best."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Tricia for putting me up on game.

    j

    ReplyDelete