Friday, November 21, 2008

Acqua di Gio

Acqua di Gio

What the heck is it about this cologne that makes me want to do bad things. It is like one whiff and I have to go into my prayer closet and repent, if for nothing else but my horrible horrible thoughts.

Anytime I smell it on someone I always ask the person who is wearing it what it is they are wearing like I don't know what their response will be hoping they will say something else in an effort to prove I am not the looser girl whose "pheromones" are ignited and released sending out a mating call to men whenever I smell Acqua di Gio.

If there is anyone who knows what sex on a man should smell like I guess it would Giorgio Armani, but my goodness did he have to do such a good job of capturing that essence and putting it into a bottle.

Being celibate makes inhaling this fine fragrance no easy task let me asure you. I feel like I am at the Abby or RAVE with Joey on a hot wear-next-to-nothing summer night with WEHO's finest gay men surrounding me on the dance floor sweating and dancing until 2am only to return home felt up, aroused and alone.

The last time there was a cologne that made me this crazy was while I was in high school reading How Stella Got Her Groove back. I sprayed my book with Calvin Klein Escape for Men at the Robinson's-May counter in the Fox Hills Mall before boarding the 108 Slauson bus one afternoon so I could feel like Winston was in the room with me at night when I read. L-A-M-E. My goodness, I am weird. Self-proclamation you read it here today or tomorrow, or whenever you read this post. I need to gain control.

Ha-ha just remembered, before Escape it was Obsession for men. And for a while there it was L'Eau d'issey by Issey Miyake and Carolina Herrera for Men

WOW, ok ladies and gentlemen what fine fragrance if any sends you into a tizzy. I know I can't be the only one. My goodness, don't let me be the only one.

Please share

j

2 comments:

  1. The effect a scent has on you is amazing. When you smell smoke, you look for something burning. When you smell cinnamon, you look for someone cooking somthing sweet. But when it comes to "The Scent of a Woman", the rules often change.

    While in high school I vividly recall several young ladies who did any and everything possible to garner attention. By any and everything I mean: dressing in outfits that made them look older or provocative, wearing make-up (including foundation), manicure/pedicure, hairstyles (from cuts to weaves), and even performing sexual acts that some would deem unholy. This type of attention to detail worked well for those young ladies who were attractive; and moreover for some who needed just a little help. But for those who couldn't purchase enough Mac make-up to make a differnce, there was one thing that still did it for me: Escape for Women.

    I can recall smelling it on a girl, (who shall remain nameless) and wanting to undress, and make love to her in the middle of the hallway. And this particular girl wasn't attractive by any means. After gently spraying her neck and wrist with Escape...she became Halle Berry. I now know what Luther meant by, "If Only For One Night" because after a long shower Halle would quickly tranform back to Fiona Shriek.

    It's a funny story but true. I can understand were your coming from j. I can't resist the smell. I've made the mistake of telling someone who was interested in me and they quickly used the information to their advantage. I didn't have the desire to do anything with them; not even a date. But one spray and enhalation later, I was performing the unholy. I'll never make that mistake again!

    From the first time I enhaled that fragrance 'till this day, I've been trapped in a daze. I can smell the scent from across the room; it's unmistakable. Escape is truly a scent..."Sin Cera".

    Without Wax,

    Flight

    ReplyDelete
  2. GIRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRL!!! THAT COLOGNE IS LIKE HONEY TO MY BEE!!!! I have a thing for mens cologne....always have. I used to wear it. It's an added bonus to deal with a men who love cologne like I do. I love to see it lined up on there dressers or in the bathroom

    ReplyDelete